1. So I am apparently the last woman in my family to enjoy the series Downton Abbey. And apparently the only people with whom I’ll be able to talk about this show, are those who’ve seen it for themselves. My favorite character is Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham. When I try to describe her, it’s hard because everything she says is only funny in context. I tried to tell my quote-loving boyfriend about her and his only reply to the quote I spouted off was, “Do you think you’re speaking in an English accent right now?” Watch it so you understand.
2. For whatever reason, the picture of freezing rain on the iPhone weather app had my cousin and me giggling. And then we giggled more as I professed the problem, “I want to take a picture of it, but the camera is on my iPhone!” to which she replied, laughing, “Woe is you!” Later, I discovered the way one takes a screen shot on their iPhone, but of course by then the weather app was showing only snow, and the symbol for snow is not hilarious, only adorable.
3. This is not my first John Green novel but I just finished Looking for Alaska – something I am ashamed to not have read a long time ago. It’s fantastic. Also, I never thought I would cry during a male-stripper scene in a novel.
(Mom: to clarify, I was not crying because I felt sorry for the stripper.)
4. Probably one of my favorite things about all this uncommon snow we’re seeing in the city is all the cross country skiers. Oh, yes, they will go anywhere and everywhere in the city. And also, children and dogs being pulled by sleds. There’s a lot of that too.
5. This may be because I’m not a singer and have zero vocal talent, but I didn’t think Lana Del Ray’s performance on SNL was that bad. It didn’t sound like the recording, but that’s normal right? Would we rather she had pulled an Ashley Simpson and lip sank? According to many-a-media coverage, yes. But I don’t get it.