Sunday, November 4, 2012

Changes.

I’ve decided that big changes come in threes. Or sevens. Or in any number really that is bigger than one and more substantial than two. Right now I’m in the thick of it – the whirlwind of all the changes that refused to come one by one in a straight line, nice and orderly. They are not even changes that are related to one another, and even though they are all good changes, change by nature is still chaotic and there’s no easy way to deal with it. The pup has decided to deal with it by urinating on the floor whenever he feels awkward. I’m hoping to take a less embarrassing route. 

So from moving states (Northern California by way of Seattle), getting an agent, changing job responsibilities, changing computers (Windows 8 makes me feel like a dinosaur - not in a good way), to changing my hair (ombre) - and all the changes in between, I've decided that the best thing to do in situations of so-much-change-so-fast is to take a trip to San Fransisco with your best friend right before the Giants Victory Parade and be grateful your life is not as chaotic as a city being taken over by baseball fans. Or turn on the news after a region of the county has been hit by a hurricane and gain some perspective about what is actually chaotic. 

How do you deal with lots-o-change?

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, I hear you. When Change comes, it seems to come fast and in multiples. There's a brief time period when changes are occuring when I think I TRY to maintain some sense of control (staying on top of daily tasks like laundry/grocery shopping/bills helps), but there's a point where I just throw my hands up and let things happen, knowing that a month, two months, or a year from now I'll be in a more settled (and hopefully improved) place in my life.

    ReplyDelete