Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Five: Take away what you will...

I haven't done a whole lot of blogging lately...but I have been keeping busy...

 

Above is a preview, and here's what my reading experiences lately have taught me:

1.  There's something about zombies and aliens, or the world ending that says: I should be read in the dead of winter in front of twinkling lights, preferably around the holidays.

2.  Mysteries are enjoyable even if you don't solve the crime before the end of the book...even if you give up trying to by page 150.

3.  Every so often the best love stories are about the reason two people don't end up together. But it's nice when they do sometimes, too.

4.  You may discover that you prefer your breakup stories long and drawn out. Try not to think too hard about what this says about you personally.

5.  Sometimes you will try really hard not to fall in love with the villain, but won't be able to help yourself. And sometimes you won't even know his real name

1 comment:

  1. In reference to your first point, books are like alcohol... your environment clearly calls for a certain kind just as a certain kind makes you desire a certain environment. What time of year is it? How much time do I have? Where will I be partaking? Etc etc... That's what's great about both.

    ReplyDelete